Blackwoods Campground is located on the east side of Mount Desert Island, off Maine State Route 3 in Acadia National Park. Construction on the site was begun by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in 1935, and reaching its present appearance (with modest alterations since) around 1961, with the completion of Loop B. The campground has 306 individual campsites, several group campsites, and offers only limited amenities, which include potable water and restrooms, but not showers or electrical hookups. Campsites may be reserved up to six months in advance. The portion of the campground built by the CCC, which includes its core and Loop A, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2007.